Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1: What are the hours?
The Day Programs go from 9am-4pm. For the Night Programs breakfast is at 8:30, daily activities vary for each day, and lights out is at 10:00.
Q2: Where is the camp located in Annapolis?
Annapolis Sailing School, 7001 Bembe Beach Road, Annapolis, MD 21403
Q3: What is the daily schedule?
There will be on-water activities every day as well as land activities. They vary with the day and taking into account weather conditions.
Q4: Are beginners eligible?
The program is ideal for beginners.
Q5: Is all sailing equipment supplied?
The equipment is supplied but you may find that your child would prefer their own life jacket.
Q6: What are the dates for the sailing programs?
- Annapolis Session 1 – June 19th – June 30th, 2017
- Annapolis Session 2 – July 3rd – July 14th, 2017
- St. Mary’s Day Camp – July 19th – July 28th, 2017
- St. Mary’s Overnight Camp – July 19th – July 28th, 2017
Q7: Is there camp on July 4th (Fourth of July)?
Camp will not be in session for the July 4th Independence Holiday.
Q8: What is the cost for the program?
- Annapolis Sessions 1 & 2: $500.00.
- St. Mary's Day Camp: $500.00.
- St. Mary's Overnight Camp: $800.00
Q9: How do I make my payment?
You can make a payment two ways:
- Mail a check to The Brendan Corporation, 1500 K ST NW, Suite 350, Washington, DC 20005
- Clicking the Get Involved Button (via PayPal) at the top right of the website. Note when paying through PayPal please add your child's name and which program they are attending in the Add Special instructions section.
Q10: How old must my child be to attend?
- Annapolis Camp & the St. Mary’s Day Camp: your child must be between 11 - 14 years old.
- St. Mary’s Overnight Camp: Your child must be at least 15 years old to attend.
Q11: Can I volunteer at any of the sailing programs?
If you would like to volunteer at any of the sessions, please email email@example.com to inquire.
Q12: What will I need to provide for my child?
We encourage kids to bring:
- Shoes (No flip-flops!)
*Only for Annapolis. At St. Mary's College, The Brendan Program will provide food and drink for the students. If your child has any food allergies, please include it in the registration form.
Q13: How can I obtain a scholarship?
Application forms will be located under the scholarship tab.
Q14: My child does not have a learning difference but would like to get involved. How can they do that?
Although our main focus is to increase self-confidence and personal growth in children with learning differences, we always welcome opportunities to assist in the learning process. Please contact our email address or call if this is the case.
Q15: How many staffers will be instructing the students?
Usually there is around a 1:3 Ratio of staffers to students to ensure supervision and safety of all participants.
Q16: When is payment for the program due?
Payments are due the first day of each program:
Annapolis Session 1 – June 19th
Annapolis Session 2 – July 3rd
St. Mary’s Day Camp – July 19th
St. Mary’s Overnight Camp – July 19th
Q17: What is the proper attire needed for the camp?
Most students wear summer clothing such as shorts and tee shirts as well as suitable footwear like sneakers and boat shoes. Make sure to provide sunscreen and/or a hat as well as a water bottle as it will likely be hot and humid most days.
Q18: Can my child still participate if I cannot afford the programs?
We never turn down a child for financial reasons, please refer to the link under registration for scholarship opportunities, or contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org